Ty Cox, CPA is the Founder, Director and Women's National Basketball Team Head Coach of NC Good Better Best Academy. Ty has a passion for helping youth through the game of basketball. Ty founded Carolina All-Stars Basketball Organization in 2004 which has helped over 200 players fulfill their dreams to become student-athletes on the college level. In addition, Ty served as Girls Basketball Head Coach at Jordan High School in Durham, NC from 2010-2020 and a part of the coaching staff beginning in 2006.
Some of accomplishments while at Jordan High School include following:
· 14 seasons (2006 – 2020) including 360 Games (261 as head coach)
· All-Time Winningest Girls Basketball Coach (164-97) & Longest Tenured Black Coach in School’s History
· School’s 1st Ever Girls Basketball Conference Championship (2018) in 55 years history
· 3 Straight Conference or Tournament Championships (2018-2020)
· 10 Consecutive NCHSAA Playoff Years & 7 Consecutive NCHSAA Team Scholar-Athlete Awards
· 20 College Student Athletes & 80+ High School Graduates to College
Professionally, Ty is Certified Public Accountant (CPA) & Managing Principal of Ty Cox, CPA, PLLC since 2000. Ty has consistently served the greater community in number of capacities for the past 25 years including Former Durham City Councilmember, NC State Board of Transportation, NC State Board of CPA Examiners and Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Ty is a proud graduate of North Carolina Central University.